CosRX has already managed to become one of the most well-known skincare brands in the world of K-beauty in such a short time. Their brand name is derived from the words “cosmetics” and “rx ” (or prescription). They create products as response to their customers’ needs and feedback using quality, safe and natural ingredients. They were able to do this from doing case studies and analyzing people’s skin types for over 10 years. Ever heard of a brand that can only create good stuff? CosRx is one.
This brand was introduced to me by my good friends from the local Korean skincare online store, The Skincare Curator. You can say that they’re our local Soko Glam. They don’t only sell curated skincare products, but they also guide their customers which ones will work for their skin type and preferences. Them and I go waaay back! I wasn’t really into skincare until they came into my life (love their passion for skincare!) – as I used to live by the words “less is more”. Well, I still do, but not when it comes to skincare. I came to realize that with proper skin treatment, you can minimize the use of make-up (if you’re into that like me, hehe). Thanks to them, my eyes have opened to the wonders of Korean skincare. And these CosRx products have become a part of my daily skincare essentials.
For this post, I will guide you through the steps of Korean skincare featuring all CosRx products so you’ll know what they’re for and why I love them aside from their minimal packaging and short ingredients list! *.*
Before this guy, I haven’t really been loyal to my cleansers. Most would dry out my skin. Some would irritate it. Others don’t just work. This cleanser has everything I want:
- It’s very gentle. Some cleansers would literally turn my face red and break me out. It is quite traumatizing, so I’d always opt for ones that are gentle. It’s gentle enough yet cleanses so well!
- It has low PH. It cleanses but doesn’t leave your skin dry like cleansers with higher PH do (as some of you might already know, I have dry skin). It doesn’t strip off your natural oils!
- It CAN remove make-up. Yes, even mascara and eyeliner! I don’t know how, but it does! It can get pretty stingy (for having low PH) in the eyes, though. I would use my make-up remover first when I need to.
- It has a lot of botanical ingredients that are good for the skin. I do feel that my skin becomes a lot cleaner, naturally brighter, smoother and more supple whenever I use this. Sometimes, I wish I could end my skincare routine here. Haha!
- It smells like tea tree oil (and not some strong annoying scent). Some people might not like it but I personally like it better than products with fragrance. Oh, and it actually has tea tree oil that helps get rid of pimples.
Why is it called Good Morning Cleanser? ‘Cause it’s meant for morning use. I use this during my night time skincare routine, though, as I like to keep it minimal in the morning! I would put about a teaspoon amount of it on my hand, put a little bit of water on it, lather then wash. This product is probably my most favorite on this list! <3
EXFOLIATE + TONE
I’m sure you’ve seen this guy all over the internet and he ain’t popular for nothing! The award-winning CosRX One Step Pimple Pad is one of my greatest skincare discoveries. I was convinced to get it for myself after hearing how good it is from just every of my fave Youtube beauty gurus! I’d been using this for almost a year now and I don’t think that I could go a day without this! <3
What I love about the CosRx One Step Pimple Pad:
- It’s very gentle. My skincare products cannot be not gentle. I use this as my toner + exfoliator. As I have dry skin, I can’t really use just any toner. This doesn’t leave a burning sensation on my skin, so yay!
- It’s easy to use. These pads are pre-soaked of active ingredients. All you need to do is wipe this all over your face or areas where all your pimples pop out!
- It contains a BHA ingredient that penetrates into the skin and helps reduce pimples/blemishes/blackheads and willow bark water that helps exfoliate your skin without drying it out.
- It controls sebum – so your make-up can stay matte all day! It prevents pimples from appearing, too.
- It gets rid of the dirt that your make-up remover and cleanser might’ve missed. You can’t be sure that your cleanser and facial wash have already done the job. I would still find dirt on my pimple pads after my cleansing routine! *.*
A jar of this contains 70 pads. What I would do is cut each of them in half so instead of 70 wipes, I would have 140 that would last me for 3 months. *.* I would apply this right after washing (the textured side first, then the normal side after) and would leave my skin for about 10-15 minutes before moving on to the next step for my skin to really absorb all the good stuff in it. I highly recommend this product! I’d pushed many of my friends to try this and they all love it! <3
If you’re into Korean skincare, I’m sure you’ve heard of BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid) and wondered what is up with all the “BAHA, AHA” craze? ‘Cause that’s my exact reaction, lol! The CosRx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid has become a cult favorite in the realm of K-beauty as it contains 4% BHA. BHA is basically an oil-soluble exfoliant which means it can get through the oil that clogs your pores to clear off the dirt inside them. *.*
Why I love it:
- IT REALLY WORKS. My pores have gone significantly smaller! My blackheads have become less noticeable. I did a little experiment to prove it to myself by simply stopping on using this for a few weeks. I noticed how my blackheads have become bigger without this and smaller with this. *.*
- It’s very light. It’s consistency is like water!
- It feels gentle on the skin, but I don’t suggest to jump on using it everyday. For first timers, start with every 2 days then every other day then eventually, every day.
I pat this first focusing on my nose and inner cheek areas then my whole face. I would leave this on for 15-20 minutes for the BHA to really get into my skin first. If you have the patience to add this step on your skincare routine, I highly recommend this especially to those who have oily skin.
While BHA goes deep into your skin, AHA or Alpha Hydroxy Acid, a water soluble exfoliant, stays on the surface of your skin. The CosRx AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid melts whiteheads, gets rid of dead skin cells and evens out your skin tone.
Why I love it:
- IT ALSO WORKS. I did the same experiment with the BHA Blackhead Power Liquid, even though after using it for a few weeks, I’d already noticed that the whiteheads on my chin were already gone. YAAAS! <3
- It’s also very light! It has the same consistency with the BHA Blackhead Power Liquid. The only problem is that this smells like..how do I put this? Awful!! 🙁 #tiisganda
- It feels gentle on the skin, but like the BHA Blackhead Power Liquid, I don’t suggest using this everyday right away -gradually go from every 2 days, every other day then eventually, everyday.
I highly recommend this to people with dry skin as it does effectively remove dead skin cells. 🙂
- ADVANCED SNAIL 96 MUCIN POWER ESSENCE
We’re all about preventing damage on our skin but ever thought of what to do when the damage has been done? This is where essences come in and so far, the Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence is my favorite. If you’re not allergic to snail products, this is definitely worth a try for skin regeneration and repair! It works like vitamins but for your face. *.*
Why I love it:
- It gets rid of my dry patches. I would often get them and it can get really bad as my bb cream would settle on my dry areas. Thanks to this, I don’t have to worry about that anymore! <3
- It makes my skin significantly more supple/elastic! This feels like it’s already doing its job as soon as applied probably because of the good ol’ snail mucin (with 96% concentration!). *.* After using this for quite some time now, I feel like I can not wear make-up anymore. But then again, I have all these bb cushions to finish, haha!
- It has no fragrance. Enough said. Lol!
- It’s water-based. I personally like how none of the CosRx products feel oily on my skin so safe to say that people of all skin-types can use ’em! This one has a thick consistency, though, making it a bit of a challenge to spread out but I don’t really mind.
- It’s so moisturizing. Sometimes, I feel like I don’t really need to moisturize because of this any more!
- It’s gentle! Yes, I’m all about that life.
I don’t really have hyper pigmentation but I heard that people who do were able to reduce it because of this! Well, I can see how that’s possible as it does make my skin look more radiant. *.* Just a pump of this is enough for my whole face. Although when I do feel that I’m extra dry, I would do 1 1/2 pumps. Then, I’d pat it on my face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
Who says anti-aging is just for moms? The Galactomyces 95 Whitening Power Essence features a whopping 95% concentrated galactomyces ferment filtrate (a byproduct of fermented sake) which can be found in famous high-end products like SKII’s Facial Treatment Essence except this one has higher concentration and more affordable! This is good because this ingredient increases the density of the nutrients of the product (for easier absorption) that makes it so effective! It is anti-aging, brightening, increases skin elasticity and evens out your skin tone.
Why I love it:
- It’s light and easy to spread out. It’s consistency is almost like water so no yucky feeling on the face when this is on.
- It helps my other skincare become more effective.
- It makes my skin clearer and brighter. I noticed how my acne scars have faded a little during the time I was using this.
- It has no fragrance!
- It’s hydrating. It doesn’t dry out my skin after use but I find the Snail 96 Power Mucin Essence more hydrating.
Heard so many have converted to this from the cult fave, Missha Time Revolution Essence! *.* One pump of this covers my whole face already. I would leave it for 10-15 minutes before moving on to the next step of my skincare. I do prefer the snail essence, though, as I like how it feels on my skin! I want to try more snail products~
The Mela 14 White Ampule is another fave of mine on this list! After moving to a different city, I found my skin badly reacting to my new environment. I’d every now and then get breakouts. I needed something to get rid of my dark spots (specifically on my left cheek) before it continues to get worse. Then I found this video, I was like “could this be the solution?” so I got myself one and guess what? It is the solution! 🙂
Why I love this:
- IT WORKS. After using this for more than a month, my left cheek is almost back to normal. *.* It’s the perfect spot treatment!
- It has natural BHA/AHA components. This makes it possible for the product to get rid of the dead skin cells from your dead pimples. :O Haha!
I apply this on areas where I have those dark spots/pimple scars. Just a little amount will do!
The COSRX Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask doesn’t actually have honey in it but it does have something else honeybees make! It’s called propolis which they use to build their hives. This mask contains 85% propolis extract that makes it nourishing, soothing and calming. This is a 3 in 1 product that can be used as an overnight mask, a wash off mask, or as a cream. It’s more suitable for people with oily skin.
Why I love this:
- I can use it as a regular moisturizer (despite it being a sleeping pack). Since I have really dry skin, this is actually light enough for daytime use. It doesn’t make my skin look oily.
- A little goes a long way. Sometimes, I end up putting too much on my face. I forget that I only need like a pea-size amount of it to cover my whole face. Lol!
- It feels cool and calming on the face. It reduces redness, blemishes and irritation on the skin.
- It’s, of course, moisturizing. Since this is meant more for people with oily skin, I guess I can use this as much as I want without looking oily, hehe!
- It doesn’t feel greasy and dries quickly. No heavy feeling whatsoever.
This much can cover my whole face already. I wouldI use this as my daytime moisturizer and it works really well for me. 🙂
If the Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask is for daytime, this one’s with me at night. It’s my dryness savior! *.* Rice is traditionally used for brightening and softening the skin – couple that with some really moisturizing ingredients, voila, you have the perfect moisturizer! Like the honey mask, this can be used three ways but I personally prefer to use it only before sleeping as it is very hydrating – almost too hydrating if used on days when it’s very humid!
Why I love this:
- It’s sooo hydrating. Sometimes, I forget to moisturize but the next morning after I slap this on, my skin would already feel hydrated.
- It makes my skin soft and bouncy. I can’t stop touching my face the morning after applying this, haha!
- A little goes a long way (too!). I would apply tiny spots of this all over my face then spread and pat. Unlike the honey mask, this is a little harder to spread out.
- It’s (also) not greasy. Yes, we all hate the greasy lotion feeling. This is creamier and heavier than the honey mask, though.
If you’re gonna ask me which one is better, for me, it’s this one. It helped me get through those really bad days when my skin was most dry. I think it’ll be difficult to find a moisturizer that’s as good as this. And trust me, I’d tried many!
- ALOE SOOTHING SUN CREAM
I’m honestly not very particular about my sunscreen but if it has aloe in it, sign me up! The CosRx Aloe Soothing Sun Cream is one of those sunscreens that don’t only protect your skin from UV rays and keep your skin moisturized, it actually does a great job of both. With aloe vera as its main ingredient, you’re skin will surely stay hydrated for a long period of time and soothed from the harshness of the sun.
What I love about this:
- It has no white casts. This is probably the no.1 thing that would keep me from using sunscreens. Never to white casts.
- It’s light-weight! It definitely feels lighter than the ones that I’ve tried before. It’s not sticky, too!
- It looks awesome under my make-up. It doesn’t affect how my foundation/bb cushion/bb cream’s finish and longevity.
- It smells good. The scent is very mild. Love it!
- It makes my face look radiant. On days I want to take a break from my make-up, I’d still put this on and somehow I feel like I can still face the world with confidence. Lol!
And the best sunscreen award goes to.. the CosRx Aloe Soothing Sun Cream! Good stuff. <3
- ACNE PIMPLE MASTER PATCH
I found the best (in terms of effectiveness) and quickest (as in gone in at least one night!) solution for those stubborn pimples that would pop out on the worst occasions. The CosRx Acne Pimple Master Patch treats pimples like wounds. It’s made of hydrocolloid that makes it possible for the patch to protect your blemishes from dirt and absorb the sebum inside your pores.
What I love about it:
- It adheres to the skin really well. No matter how many movements I do in my sleep, this just doesn’t come off.
- It significantly decreases the size of my pimple overnight. Sounds too good to be true, but it’s nothing but the truth! I feel like I can do anything!!! *.* No more worrying about pimples. Yaaaz!
- It’s has no effect on your skin. Since it’s just a patch that you put on your skin, it doesn’t really have effects like drying my skin out – stuff like that.
- It’s easy to use. Just place it on your pimple!
I can’t stress enough how thankful I am for this product. I had tried things like benzoyl peroxide and tea tree extract to get rid of my pimples but none of them were as effective as this. <3 (Here’s a yucky pic of the patch when I removed it, hehe!)
- CENTELLA BLEMISH CREAM
I wonder what sorcery CosRx did in creating the CosRx Centella Blemish Cream. It has 51% of centella water that is extracted from the centella asiatica herb which is traditionally used to treat and heal damaged skin. And it’s totally effective!!
Why I love this:
- It gets the job done. I get help from this product on blemishes that are too small for my pimple patches. The morning after applying this, I no longer find those blemishes on my face. It’s so cool. *.* As for the pimple scars, I’m not very sure as I’m also using the Mela 14 White Ampule.
- It dries matte and adheres to the skin really well. You are sure that the product stays there until the next morning! Once it dries off, it doesn’t really rub off or move (unless you force it to, haha).
And these are all the CosRx products that I use in my daily skincare routine! Note that I’ve only shared my observation based on my experiences. These may not work on everybody. 🙂 If you have any questions about them, feel free to comment below!
Treating you guys 10% off on all of these products and more at http://www.theskincarecurator.com.
Simply use my code: FARRAHCURATED upon check out!
Valid this week only! Enjoy! <3
*These products were sent to me for reviewing purposes. Some of these were bought using my own money.